Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Introductions!

Sewing has always been an important part of my life. My grandmothers and my mom are INCREDIBLY crafty and have a wide variety of skills that I could only dream of being able to master. I've had a sewing machine for a while, but have never really been good at machine sewing. My skills have pretty much been limited to basic hand-sewing, which has served me well for the time being, but is definitely not preferable for larger projects.

Seeking to advance my skills and become more comfortable with a sewing machine, I have started taking an online sewing class called Home Ec, led by Rachel, Courtney, and Leigh-Ann. I figure this blog is a good place to document my first real foray into actual sewing. Hopefully by the conclusion of the class I'll be able to see progress in my skills and pick up a few tips and tricks along the way. (And probably post some additional stuff like extra projects, neat tutorials, and inspiring images.)

Thanks for reading!
xo Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment