Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Semester Abroad

Well, not really. I just got so swamped with schoolwork this semester that I totally neglected both my hobbies and this blog. So to get back into the swing of things, I'll share my thrifted finds of the day:




A tiny mixing bowl to go with the larger one I got (for free!) from a moving sale a couple of months ago, and a lemonade decanter, both vintage Pyrex.

I also sewed up some stockings (my first!) from some fabric I got for free from my trusty interior fabric store. I just freehanded the shape and used this tutorial from Threadbanger to make sure I sewed the tops with the right sides facing out (and with a handy little hanger!).

Here's how they've turned out so far:




Planning on embroidering our names on the tops tonight!

I'll leave it at that for now, but I will commit to posting (much) more frequently from now on. I'd love to have a blog people enjoy reading, and I think some of that success comes from consistency. So here's to making an effort and enjoying the holiday season!

xo, Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment